This fresh, no-bake cheesecake is a very easy recipe that can be prepared in advance, making it perfect for any occasion.
Recipe: No-bake Ricotta and Yogurt Cheesecake, with Fresh Blueberry, Raspberry and Thyme
- Author’s Recipe: Sara Scutti
- Category: Dessert, Pastry
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Keywords: cheesecake, no-bake, ricotta cheese
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes + 3 hours refrigerator
- Cook Time: none
- Difficulty: Easy
For the base/crust
- 200 g Digestive Cookies
- 100 g butter (diced)
- 350 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 300 g blueberry yogurt
- 200 ml double cream
- 40 g milk
- 20 g icing sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 4 sheets of gelatin
For decoration and presentation
- 250 g fresh blueberry and raspberry
- 250 g raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Agar agar powder, (or 4 sheets of gelatin)
- 6 glass ramekins with lids, (or glass jars, or a 24 cm baking pan)
- The base/crust
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Meanwhile, blend the cookies in a mixer, then mix them with the butter.
Fill the bottom of each ramekin with the cookies-butter mixture and, with the help of the back of a spoon, press gently to get an uniform layer.
Place the ramekins in the refrigerator to chill the base for at least 20 minutes.
2. The cream
– Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for about 15 minutes.
Sift the ricotta in a mesh colander, then add the icing sugar and, with the help of a whisk, combine the two ingredients until you get a soft cream.
Then, stirring gently, add the blueberry yogurt.
(Back to gelatin). Squeeze the sheets and melt it in a saucepan with the milk, over low heat: it should take a couple of minutes. Reserve and let it cool down.
Lightly whip the double cream (with a tablespoon of icing sugar), gently incorporate the ricotta and yogurt mixture, with a movement from top to bottom. Slowly add the gelatin and the cream is ready.
3. Fill the containers
– Take the ramekins from the fridge and insert some berries on the base. With the help of a spoon, add the cream to each jar up to 1 cm from the edge, so to leave some space for decoration. Place them back in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
– In a saucepan, over low heat, loosen the jam with 3 tablespoons of water, add 1 tablespoon of agar agar and stir continuously until boiling; then turn off the heat and let it cool.
Take back the ramekins from the fridge and, one by one, fill them with the mixture of warm jam. Store back in the fridge for about 1 hour.
– Add some fresh berries, with a small branch of fresh thyme, and… Buon Appetibilis!!!
Moscato di Scanzo DOCG from Pagnoncelli Folceri Winery (Bergamo, Lombardy Region). A real rarity this red passito wine, obtained from Moscato di Scanzo grape.
Intense ruby red color, with lively hints of rose petals, overripe red fruit, (in particular morello cherry), plum, and spices such as cinnamon, and black pepper. Mouthfeel of extraordinary persistence.
Here’s Sara’s original recipe in Italian for her “Cheesecake estiva (senza cottura)“.
You must be logged in to post a comment.